Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Remember and Boast

"But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. The world has been crucified to me through the cross, and I to the world." -Galatians 6:14, HCSB

Christian, we are dead to the world. We have lost our lives, and there is no turning back from here on out. We must remember that!

And doesn't it seem odd that we forget our new birth? We do not forget the fact that we have been physically born. I am well aware right now that I was physically born at some point. I am breathing, have a beating heart and just yawned. Clearly, I was physically born.

Yet, I often forget my spiritual re-birth. I forget that I am dead to sinful desires. I forget that I am saved by the grace of God and the death and resurrection of my Savior. I forget that my heart of stone has been surgically removed and replaced with a new heart-- a new heart that beats for the Lord of all.

Church, may we remember this glorious salvation that we have in Christ! May we boast in His name, praising Him and His good works! May we lift Him high, oh may we lift Him high in all of His glory!

Now, enjoy Lecrae and Anthony Evans' song "Boasting." Soak it in. Apply it. Live it. Let's boast in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment