Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thought from the Retro Bible: I'll Be Your Servant This Evening


" 13 'You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." -John 13:13-17, NIV

Foot washing in Jesus' day was a nasty job. The roads back then were mostly dirt, and pretty much everyone wore sandals. You can imagine how nasty people's feet were after walking on the roads, in those shoes, all day. Usually, a servant would get stuck with washing people's feet, but here, we see Jesus doing it. Jesus showed His disciples, and anyone who wanted to follow Him, that we have to be willing to do jobs that no one else wants to do. How about you? You willing to get down and dirty to help others?

This thought has been paraphrased from Revolution: The Bible for Ten Guys.

2 comments:

  1. awesome man! glad to see you putting what God has placed on your life into action.. the presence of what I've seen on this blog is most likely just a glimpse into how you live out your daily life following Christ (I don't see ya all that often haha so I can only assume lol).. but awesome to see you putting your faith into action man! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete